On Wednesday March 27, we presented our first Between the Buns Crawl dining tour exploring the East Village (aka Hastings Sunrise) neighborhood. Started off the evening with a beer and wine tasting at High Point Beer Wine Spirits to tempt palattes before they headed out to taste a variety of food items in the between the buns theme.
High Point Beer Wine Spirits
2769 E Hastings Street
· First Kick at the Can classic west coast pale ale made in collaboration w/ R & B brewing
· The Hatch’s Flipping the Bird Rosé 2018
· Bread & Butter Pinot Noir 2016
Wheelhouse Seafoods and Di Oliva Tasting Bar collaboration
2632 East Hastings Street
· Mini wild sockeye burgers
along with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
Savoury: Italian grilled panini
· Sweet: Zeppole Nutella cream puff
Delish Gluten Free
2166 E Hastings Street
· Savory: Jalapeno Popper Cornbread ‘bun’ with a spicy whipped jalapeno cream cheese.
· Sweet: a Lemon curd puff, gluten free choux pastry sandwiched between a creamy lemon curd.
The bakeries and stores featured unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the event. Thank you to Vancouver East Village and the East Village BIA for their support.
By: Richard Wolak