On Wednesday January 12 we presented our 8th tasting tour of noodles held between Kitsilano, downtown Vancouver, Gastown and Chinatown. Each of the restaurants participating had served up a selection of different noodle dishes as Tasting Bowls or Plates for guests to enjoy. Guests then had a chance to visit many different types of restaurants throughout the event, meet some new food loving friends, meet the chefs, and learn about each of the participating restaurants.
- Duck Dan Dan Noodle – Shanghai egg noodle, Szechuan spiced confit duck, sesame + soy dressing, cilantro, chili oil
- Traditional Moroccan harrira soup with rice noodles
- Pasta with harissa sauce with prawn
- Spinach Caserecce with a slowed braised beef shoulder ragù
- Trio of Spinach Turkey Ravioli on a rose sauce
Hand made potato gnocchi, wild boar ragu
Spinach and ricotta dumplings in butter sage sauce
The restaurants featured many unique and tasty noodle dishes to our guests throughout the event.
By: Richard Wolak