On Wednesday September 12, we presented another exciting tour in our Tasting Plates series as we explored the South Granville neighbourhood for the first time. Started off the evening with a wine tasting at Jak’s after everyone registered.
Attendees enjoyed tasty Italian dishes as well as Asian/Fusion eats and so much more.
- Gigglewater Prosecco NV
- The Hatch B. Yanco 2017 – (Okanagan)
- Olivier Leflaive Bourgogne 2015 – (Burgundy)
- Mirabeau Classic Rosé 2017 – (Provence)
- Page “Preface” Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 – (Washington)
The Rise Eatery
- Lo Hay Salad – smoked salmon, julienne of cucumber, daikon, carrot, pickled ginger, onion, tomato and taro potato, pea shoots, crisp white vermicelli, toasted sesame, peanuts, apricot & beet vinaigrette
- Chicken Seoul Good – Korean style fried chicken, wild mushroom cream, truffle oil, grated parmesan
- Dynamic Duo – rice battered brussel sprout and cauliflower bites, gochujang buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumble
- Beet & Ricotta filled ravioli with herb berrue blanc and roasted beets.
Meinhardt Fine Foods
*White Wine Steel Head Trout
* Beet Risotto
* Spicy Tiger Prawns
* Mini Panko crusted Cod Cake
* Wild baby Arugula w/ White Balsamic Dressing Spicy Aioli
* Meringue Tart
- Mango Bingsoo
- Matcha Green Tea Bingsoo
- Coffee selection
The restaurants and cafes featured unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the event. Our community partner was the South Granville BIA.
By: Richard Wolak