Tantalize your taste buds at 11 fabulous East Vancouver restaurants! This evening tasting extravaganza goes from 6pm until 10 pm and is presented by Vancouver Foodster.
Each restaurant will be serving up Tasting Plates for guests to enjoy and you will have a chance to visit many different restaurants throughout the evening, meet some new food loving friends, meet the chefs, and learn about each of the participating restaurants.
- Vegetarian options will be available at many of the participating restaurants.
- Bring along a friend or two, your significant other, your family or come solo.
- A food networking dinner event connecting Vancouver’s vibrant food community.
Visit each of the participating restaurants at your leisure by bike, moped, car, transit, walking, roller skates, skateboarding or carpooling.
See our last Tasting Plates Vancouver event
Registration Hut: 27th & Main outside of Salt Spring Coffee -this is where you will show us your printed or digital tickets and will pick up your Tasting Plates Cards.
Participating restaurants include:
- Bob Likes Thai Food
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread
- Triple O’s Food Truck
- Cafe Trafiq
- Salt Spring Coffee
- Mobius Coffee & Tea
- Fray on Fraser
- Sal y Limon
- Pop Up Pizza
- mygoodness! gluten & wheat free kitchen
Participating restaurants and their menus for the evening event are as follows:
4295 Main Street
Our Tasting Plates will be Cups and we are offering these coffees:
1. La Labor, a delicious seasonal coffee from Honduras.
2. Spiced mocha featuring Metta espresso. Organic cocoa and warm spices compliment our four bean espresso blend.
3. Metta Espresso, ristretto style
4. Dark Decaf – Peru prepared to order on our pour over bar
4186 Main Street
Our Tasting Plate will feature your choice of these flatbread pizzas:
All of our flatbread pizzas are handcrafted and topped with organic tomato sauce & mozzarella cheese.
1. FARMERS MARKET: Topped with a combination of four to five seasonal local veggies, three herb nut free pesto & goat cheese.
2. SUNDRIED TOMATO & GOAT CHEESE: Sun dried tomatoes sauteed in garlic, brown mushrooms, artichokes, Capriny goat’s cheese & fresh chopped herbs.
3. NATURALLY MEATY: Spicy certified organic beef, sulphate free Italian sausage, ripe tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, asiago cheese and fresh herbs.
4. PARMA HAM: Schinken speck (cured ham), brown mushrooms & mango. It is baked in our artisan oven & topped with roughly chopped arugula & parmesan cheese.
Farmers Market Pizza
4216 Main Street
Our Tasting Plate will be your choice of Sweet OR Savoury:
Canape Plate (Vegetarian): Featuring a Trio of Trafiq Artisan Breads & Pastry
1. Artichoke Quiche with sundried tomato
2. Baked Brie Toast Points with dulce de leche served on cranberry pecan bread
3. Roasted Red Pepper & Chevre on walnut rosemary bread
Dessert Plate: Showcasing Decadence In Every Bite
1. Salted Caramel Pecan Cookie
2. Killer Brownie
3. Lemon Blueberry Tartlet
4125 Main Street
1. Our Tasting Plate will feature your choice of 2 different kinds of Cheesecake
3755 Main Street
Our Tasting Plate will include all of these items:
1. MIANG KHAM [mîəŋ kʰam] (just a bite)
Piper sarmentosum or chaphlu leaves,
Roasted coconut shavings, Lime, Shallot,
Peanut and Ginger with Tamarind Palm Sugar sauce.
2. TUNA CHILLI DIP (spicy)
Tuna, Garlic, Chilli, Lime leaf,
mashed in Mortar serve with Cucumber
3. BOB’S CHIP
Fried rice ball of red curry paste, lime leaf and
Black sesame seeds
4. PAPAYA SALAD
Shredded green papaya with green beans, tomato,
garlic, chillies, fresh lime juice
3702 Main Street
Our Tasting Plate will include both of these items along with Tasting cups of Tea
1. (Shaktea recipe from East Meets West) Tea Egg Sandwich with Smokey Tea Sauce and;
2. Miniature Cream Earl Grey shortbread cookie and;
3. Tea tasting from a selection of five different teas (Sikkim Temi Estate, French Earl Grey, Oriental Nights Green Tea, Organic Coconut Cream Chai, Mount Pleasant Sunset Rooibos)
235 East Broadway
Our Tasting Plate will be a Tasting Goodie Bag to go and will feature a selection of gluten-free savouries ( crackers, herb crostini, queijos w/ side dips)
sweets (mini Carrot Cakes, biscotti)
Mobile Food Truck –located on Main Street – just South of Broadway on the East side of the street.
Our Tasting Plate will include any or all of these 4 items
1. Orange Creamsicle Milkshake
“Hand scooped vanilla bean ice cream and candied orange syrup, served with fresh whipped cream”
2. Butterfinger Milkshake
“Hand scooped vanilla bean ice cream and crushed Butterfinger, served with fresh whipped cream”
3. Meatball Sliders
“Our house made meatballs smothered in marinara sauce, served on our toasted mini slider bun with pesto and provolone cheese”
4. Crispy Mac n’ Cheese Slider
“Ooey-Gooey mac n’ cheese fritter, served on our toasted mini slider bun with house made bacon-ketchup”
Unit #5, 701 Kingsway (at Fraser)
Our Tasting Plate will feature a choice of one of these tacos:
1.- Taco pollo pibil
2.- Pull pork
3.- Zucchini with corn
Our Tasting Plate will feature your choice one of these pizzas:
Rosemary Wild Boar Salami, Pecorino Toscano, Proscutto, “Super Tomatoee Sauce”, Basil Leaf, Red Wine and Garlic Marinated Roma Tomatoes baked and finished with Romano Cheese.
2. HOTEL CALIFORNIA
Garlic infused Olive Oil with Caramelized Onions, Wine-Poached Pear, Fresh Mozza and Gorgonzola Cheese topped with Walnuts and Fresh Baby Arugula.
Also known as the ‘Game Changer”. White Wine, Cilantro, Garlic, Prawn and Lobster, Baja-Style Tomato and Pepper Sauce with Parmesan and Piquante cheese.
3980 Fraser Street
Our Tasting Plate will include all of these items:
1. Portobello Fries
2. Rosemary-Infused Potato and Taro Chips
3. Polenta Salad
4. Pork Belly Sandwich
Details about each of the participating restaurants here.
Purchase tickets via Eventbrite:
Several of the restaurants will be offering wine, beer and cocktail specials at their locations during the evening.
Advance Tickets: $30 per person (eventbrite fee extra) before June 23, $100 for 4 pak of tickets (get a group of your friends/family together and save by purchasing a 4 pak (eventbrite fee extra) before June 23rd. *Regular Tickets $40 per person (eventbrite fee extra) after June 23– ticket price includes tasting plates at each of the participating restaurants throughout the evening. A donation of $3 from each ticket purchased will go to support Project Limelight. (Beverages are included at some restaurants which will be noted, you are welcome to purchase wine, beer, cocktails or mocktails at each of the participating restaurants).
Note: ALL Tickets must be purchased in advance online. All ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds; however they are transferrable with printed proof of ticket. Event produced by CMI Chat Media Inc
Order tickets via Eventbrite: