On November 27 we presented our 13th edition of Tasting Plates Vancouver event that showcased 8 restaurants, cafes, butcher shop, brewery and a distillery in the East Village neighborhood between Nanaimo & Hastings stretching to Powell & Commercial Drive in Vancouver.
PLATFORM 7 COFFEE
From our Espresso Bar:
Featuring Stumptown Hair Bender Espresso Beans
And our Tasting Plate included
Gluten Free Epicurean
1) Double Chocolate Salted Espresso Cookie
2) Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie
3) Italian Cookie
1) Cocktail Salteña
Baked pot-pie, slight spicy and juicy, Beef or Vegetarian, filled with vegetables, potatoes and raisins.
2) Quinoa Salad
From the Bolivian Andes, mixed with fresh vegetables
Perfect light sweet cookie sandwich filled with Dulce de Leche and border with coconut
KESSEL & MARCH
1) Parsnip soup
2) Sardines on toast, salad cream, radish and celery salad
3) Beets and Apples, bitter greens and goats cheese
ODD SOCIETY SPIRITS
Our Tasting Cups included your choice of a selection of spirits
WINDSOR MEAT CO
1) Heritage Pork WHOLE Hog Roast: A unique pork experience from our premium pork supplier North Thompson Heritage Ranch in Barriere B.C. You will receive a portion of 10hr slow charcoal roasted Heritage Pork carved directly off the hog.
2) Irish Stout Chicken Sausage w/ Caramelized Onion. Made from LOCAL FREE RANGE chicken served with Kosliks Triple Crunch mustard.
3) Asado NY Striploin kabob; Our house Argentinean Asado marinaded PEI (Free Range) NY Striploin Beef hot off the BBQ.
PARALLEL 49 BREWERY
Our Tasting Cups included your choice of a selection of beers on tap.
SWEET TOOTH CAFÉ
1) Doichaang coffee
2) Cinnamon roll
3) Thai Coconut Banana Bread
4) Gluten Free Brownie
5) Tom Yum Soup
STEAM TEA HOUSE
Our Tasting Cups included your choice of a selection of teas.
The restaurants featured many unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the evening.
Thank you to our photographer Alvin Lee for capturing the night so well (see more photos here).
By: Richard Wolak