On April 14th we presented the 1st ever Tasting Plates Desserts edition all over Vancouver that showcased 8 restaurants, cafes, & bakeries.
The afternoon event began inside of Rocanini Coffee Roasters where guests registered and picked up their Tasting Plates Cards. Guests were given a tour of the coffee roasting operation at Rocanini along with a coffee tasting, at registration we gave out KIND snack bars for everyone, then guests dispersed to the various participating restaurants to taste a multitude of desserts representing many different types of cuisines.
Rocanini Coffee Roasters MENU
1. Kenya AA Kaiguri /Tasting profile: Floral, lemon, peach, juicy, complex acidity and sweet
2. Papua New Guinea Korgua Estate/tasting profile:i ntense floral notes, juicy body with a sweet tropical fruit finish.
3. Colombia San Augustin Huila/tasting profile: Rich, sweet, with citrus and chocolate notes, ending with a savory finish
Beta 5 Chocolates MENU
Our Tasting Plate will include a selection of our desserts along with mini cream puffs and samples from our chocolate kitchen.
Vancouver Pie Hole MENU
1. Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Pie
2. Key Lime Pie
3. Maple French Toast Bacon Pie
Bella Gelateria MENU
Our Tasting Bowl will feature a surprise selection of gelato flavours specially offered for this event.
WE Coffee MENU
1. Signature – Espresso or Macchiato
2. Traditional – 8 oz Latte or Cappuccino
3. 8 oz Mochachino
3. 8 oz Chai Latte with Soy / Almond Milk
4. Paris Tea / decaffeinated Peppermint Tea
The Bibo MENU
2. Chocolate Brick
3. Chocolate Pizza
Bob Likes Thai Food MENU
1. TUB-TIM-KROB (AKA. CRUNCHY POMEGRANATE)
Water chesnuts, Tapioca flour, Jackfruit, Shaded young coconut,
Coconut milk, Syrup, Pomegranate, Crystal Lime candy, and Crushed Ice…
Trees Organic MENU
1. New York cheesecake
2. Marzipan cheesecake
The restaurants, cafes and bakeries featured many unique and tasty desserts to our guests to eat and drink throughout the event both inside and outside.
Thank you to our photographer Alvin Lee for capturing the event so well (see more photos here)
By: Richard Wolak