On Wednesday October 18 we presented another exciting tour in our Tasting Plates series as we visited Chinatown, this time around the focus was on the new diverse restaurants which have opened in the area over the past few months.
Attendees enjoyed various food and drink stops throughout the area as well we featured a multi vendor pop-up inside the Dalina grocery store which gave people a chance to meet the mostly local food producers and taste there offerings.
Klaus’s Kaffe Haus
- Lavazza Coffee
Straight outta Brooklyn
Choose any 2 slices from this selection
- Original – Margherita
- Classic – Pepperoni
- White – Mozzarella, fior di latte, ricotta, grana padano, garlic, oregano
- Spice – Capicollo, spicy salami
- “The Olive and caper” a vegan option.
- Umaluma’s Tasting Plate featured a deconstructed pumpkin pie gelato with coconut whip cream and roasted hazelnuts, ‘Shot in the Dark’ chocolate shot with tangy sea buckthorn powder, and a pallet cleansing raspberry sorbetto featuring freeze dried raspberries, silver specked chocolate, and a puff of Manuka Honey foam.
- 4 stations situated throughout the store
- Station 1: Hot pasta with Jules and Kent Pasta Sauces
- Station 2: Lisa Lou’s & Dalina Collaboration Hot chocolate
- Station 3: Naked Snacks selection
- Station 4: Betterwith Ice Cream
The restaurants, and cafes featured unique and tasty dishes to our guests to eat and drink throughout the event.
By: Richard Wolak